Saturday, July 10, 2010

Taming the Laundry Monster


Do you ever get tired of hearing your child say, "Mom, I don't have any pants to wear! They're all in the dirty laundry...", knowing full well, that she only wore each pair of pants once before throwing them in the hamper (even though they were still quite clean)? How about finding clothes in the hamper that were only worn to church for a couple of hours (but because it was easier for your child to throw it in the hamper as opposed to hanging it back up in their closet)?

Perhaps I'm the only one that has these issues...but just in case I'm not, I thought I'd post a tip I found at Paula's Archives of Homeschool Advice. I just had to try it: on laundry day, the child with the least amount of clothes in the laundry (not including underwear and socks) wins a prize! We only started this yesterday, so I don't have practical results to share with you yet. But, it looks to be working...DD1 has the same clean clothes on that she had on yesterday, and DD2 is wearing the same pajama's tonight! I'll post an update after the next laundry day!

No comments:

Post a Comment