Saturday, August 8, 2009

Our Homeschool Plans 2009-2010

Unbelievable! It's time to embark on the journey of a new school year! What better way than with free gifts! Check out one of my very favorite websites: The Homeschool Lounge!

This year, I've got a 3rd grader (Hannah), a 1st grader (Megan) and a kindergartener (Grace). My, they grow fast!


We'll be using MFW ECC (My Father's World Exploring Countries and Cultures) as our starting point! I'm looking forward to branching out a bit and using a bit more imagination and creativity this year. Having a few years of homeschooling under my belt empowers me to think outside the box. Speaking of boxes, we're implementing Sue Patrick's Workbox System to help us stay organized and to help they girls learn to work more independently.

Here's a glimpse into what we'll be doing each day:

3rd grade:
Handwriting: Cheerful Cursive
Math: Singapore Math
Spelling/Phonics: All About Spelling
Science/Geography:
My Father's World Exploring Countries & Cultures; Flat Stanley Project (we plan to send a Flat Stanley to someone in each country we study)
Language Arts:
First Language Lessons for the Well-Trained Mind
Art: Draw Write Now; Homeschool Tuesdays (Art Classes at the Marianna Kistler Beach Museum of Art); Incredible Clay Book: How to Make and Bake Zillions of Clay Creations


1st Grade & Kindergarten:
Handwriting:
Handwriting Without Tears
Math:
Singapore Math
Spelling/Phonics:
All About Spelling (AAS)
Reading:
Pathway Readers/Workbooks & AAS Beehive Reader - Level 1
Science/Geography: My Father's World Exploring Countries & Cultures
Art:
Draw Write Now, Homeschool Tuesdays Art Classes & Incredible Clay Book: How to Make and Bake Zillions of Clay Creations

I'm looking forward to the new year...I love starting new things...it's always nice to have a fresh start.


1 comment:

  1. I found your blog through the Open House and was pleased to see the Marianna Kistler Beach Museum of Art mentioned! I'm a K-State Wildcat and have many fond memories of my time there (though when I was there the museum was still being built).

    Shauna

    ReplyDelete