Tuesday, August 25, 2009

First Day of School

The girls were nearly vibrating with excitement when they woke up. We surprised them with a new tradition: a Happy New Year breakfast at a local restaurant! Let me tell you, 8:00 a.m. on a weekday is a great time to go get breakfast in this town; everyone else is at work or at school. When we all finished our meals, the girls could hardly wait to get home. I love their enthusiasm and excitement. I don't remember personally being this excited for school to start the past three years. But, it seems each year is better than the last, and that knowledge builds on itself, feeding into my positive attitude. You know the saying, "When mama's happy, everyone's happy. But when mama ain't happy..." well, you know the rest. I'm resting secure in the fact that God is the superintendent of our little school, praising Him for all that He has done for us.

I see changes in the girls from this year to last. Grace's independence and desire to stick with a task is greatly improved. Hannah's desire to write - even if it's copywork - has increased dramatically. Megan's ability to read has grown by leaps and bounds... she attempts to read everything she sees!

I so love that I get to be a huge part of their learning. I pray that God will give me all I need to teach them...especially how to love Him more. I pray that we will all allow Him to develop a heart within all of us for those around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment