Friday, February 7, 2014

Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin

I have a love/hate relationship with facebook recipes...they always look so temptingly, mouthwateringly delish.  But, I can't bookmark them!  So, then, I have to scroll through my fb wall...find the original recipe that I remember posting six weeks ago that I wanted to try...then decide if I want to add it to the week's menu...and it just takes too dang long!

Here's a peek into my over-organized brain:  I create my two-week menu complete with breakfast, lunch and dinner.  This Word document includes hyperlinks (if I'm using a recipe I found online).  Facebook makes it impossible to "link" to these "shared" recipes...so, I guess I'll post 'em here and give credit to the original post-er.  Note to my readers:  if you find a recipe here, you know it met with my family's sometimes picky palates!
shared by Charles Sims Weight Loss
  • 2 lb. pork tenderloin
  • 1/4 c. soy sauce
  • 1 T. yellow mustard
  • 2-3 T. maple syrup
  • 2 T. olive oil
  • 2 T. minced onions
  • 1 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
Place tenderloin in crockpot.  Mix remaining ingredients and pour over meat.  Cook on low for 6 hours.

***Edit 2/12/14: Made this yesterday...used a 4 lb. tenderloin and doubled the remaining ingredients.  Great flavor...but 'twas the driest roast imaginable.  Not sure if it was the recipe or the particular cut of meat, as my tenderloin was not well marbled.  Does anyone have any tricks for cooking a really lean cut?  Is there an overnight marinade you'd suggest?  Would marinating it overnight in pineapple juice break down the meat fibers a bit and make it more moist and/or tender?

No comments:

Post a Comment