Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Fighting the blues with red!

I don't know what's going on in my world, but lately, I've been so unmotivated and unproductive - which snowballs so quickly!  Being unmotivated leads to undone tasks which leads to more frustration which leads to me becoming a moody, temperamental, grumpy, and tearful (oh, so tearful) wife, mommy and friend.

So yesterday, tired of fighting the battle alone, I sought out my prayer warriors.  I opted to be vulnerable and ask for prayer, rather than staying alone, fearing I was the only one in the midst of fighting this particular battle.  Within minutes of hitting the send button on my prayer email, my sister Cambria called to tell me she's in the same place...and asked that I pray for her!  Throughout the coming minutes and hours, many of the people I'd asked to pray for me shared that they were dealing with the exact same feelings!  I'm not alone!  I love community and I love being a part of something bigger than myself.  I love that we can bear one another's burdens, in spite of our own...that we can love each other and hold each other up in prayer, even when it's difficult.  As I lay awake in bed last night, I was reminded of the Scripture verse that says, "Be still and KNOW that I am God."  I'm resting in that promise...that He is God...that He knows every intimate detail of my life...of who I am created to be...of the purposes He has for my days and for my life...and that I love Him...and that He works all things together for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purposes.

Today, I got out of bed and started my day with my Abba Father!  Even just those few Psalms I read helped my day to be centered in and focused on Him.  I am resting in His hands today...knowing that He's got my back.

I began fighting back the unmotivation...I've stayed off of facebook (I'm toying with deleting my fb account, since I seem not to have the wherewithal to stay away from it and from that blasted Candy Crush game!). I've even done several loads of laundry...read lots of history and Bible to the girls and managed to finish the crochet heart garland I'd been working on for the past week.  I realized God was helping me to fight the blues...with love...with red hearts...and with the sweet melodies my girls are humming as they make their way through their day's chores and school work.


Pattern from make-handmade.com

No comments:

Post a Comment