Thursday, April 7, 2011

Little by Little

In Exodus 23:29-30, God tells the Israelites that He will deliver them into the Promised Land, which is currently filled with other peoples (Hittites, Canaanites, Hivites, etc.). However, the Lord says that He will not drive them out all at once, because the land would become desolate and the wild animals would overrun the land.  So, instead, He tells them, "Little by little I will drive them out before you, until you have increased enough to take possession of the land."

Though it frustrates me at times, it seems this is also the way the Lord works in my life...clearing things out little by little.  Sometimes, I'd like Him to just clear it out all at once and get it over with.  Pruning hurts!  But, I must trust in the wisdom of God and lean into Him.  He wants me to "increase" as He takes over more and more areas of my life.  He wants me to grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment